I offer a totally free face-to-face 30-minute consultation session to new clients. Some benefits this free opportunity provides include:
- a no-pressure conversation to help you decide whether therapy at Highest Heights is a good fit for you and your needs
- general familiarity with my personality, my office procedures, and my treatment modality
- comfort with my conversational style and presence
- receipt of paperwork for the Assessment session should you choose to become a returning client
- an opportunity to ask me details about who I am, how my practice operates, and what I can do to serve you
Should you choose to become a returning client, the first official session is an Assessment Session. The general goal of these sessions (typically between 80-90 minutes) is for me to get to know as much about you as possible. Knowledge about you, your relationships, and some of your life's history amplifies my ability to adequately plan for collaborative treatment which can lead to more therapeutic success. Please plan to bring a completed Intake Packet to this session. The fee for this session is $90.
After the Assessment session, General Sessions are typically weekly 50- minute meetings. The fee for this session is $75. These sessions basically progress through 3 stages:
- data collection, collaborative Treatment Goal construction, and client-therapist relationship development
- symptom alleviation, progress toward Treatment Goal completion, and beginning of change in sense-of-self toward resilience and well-being
- successes are celebrated, new sense-of-self is solidified, and Treatment Goals are revisited to assess for need of revision or treatment termination
Acceptable Forms of Payment
I accept cash, check, or card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). Please plan to submit payment upon arrival and prior to the beginning of the session.
Those who are interested in utilizing their insurance coverage for session fees should note that I provide monthly "superbills" - detailed statements of service - which can be used to request a reimbursement from your insurance provider. All insurance claims should be handled by clients. If you are interested in using insurance coverage, please consider asking your insurance provider the questions below regarding your insurance policy. Please note that I am not a Medicare or Medicaid provider.
- Do I have out-of-network mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per out-of-network therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Are there any diagnoses that are omitted from my insurance coverage plan?